Adding digital courseware to your course
Digital courseware are supplemental, publisher-created materials that could include homework and problem sets, quiz and test banks, and adaptive learning tools with immediate feedback. Your students can use digital courseware for a great deal of extra practice. You can use digital courseware to reduce the time you spend creating and grading assignments.
If you are interested in using digital courseware in your course:
- Contact your textbook publisher representative to see if you have courseware associated with your textbook.
- Order your courseware through IU eTexts if it is from one of these publishers. By ordering through IU eTexts the materials can be integrated into Canvas. Additionally, ordering through IU eTexts provides your students:
- Discounted pricing (usually around 25% off retail prices)
- Access on or before the first day of class
- Billing through their bursar account, so all forms of financial aid apply
- About courseware:
- Publisher courseware typically includes an eTexts as well as the courseware.
- Both the courseware and the accompanying eTexts are presented on the publisher's e-reading platform, not IU eTexts (Unizin Engage).
- IU eTexts does not load courseware to your Canvas course. Your publisher rep will provide instructions for how you will integrate their product into your course.
- Be sure to ask the publisher if the courseware is accessible for students with disabilities. If a student cannot use the courseware due to a disability, you will need to create an alternative that provides equal benefits. For questions to ask, see, Accessibility questions to ask a publisher when considering materials for your course.