Use screen layouts with Zoom
On this page:
- Enable Zoom window sharing
- Share documents, images, and other media
- Set up and share your desktop
Zoom currently does not have options for creating and saving screen layouts or templates. However, you can set your desktop and windows to appear exactly as you want before sharing them with meeting participants.
For an example of shared screen recording, see this screen layout example video.
Enable Zoom window sharing
You can include Zoom windows (for example, chat, video, polling windows), but to save and record them, you will first need to change a Zoom setting:
- Open the Zoom application.
- Click (gear icon).
- Under "General", in the "Content Sharing" section, check .
- Open your Zoom meeting room.
- In the menubar, click and choose .
- In the "Preferences" box, choose .
- Check .
Share documents, images, and other media
To share media such as documents, images, web browsers, and PowerPoint presentations as part of a Zoom meeting, use Zoom's screen sharing feature.
Set up PowerPoint for sharing
You can include PowerPoint presentations as part of a shared desktop view by changing a setting that lets you position and resize the slide show window. To present a PowerPoint slide show in a window:
- In PowerPoint, click .
- Choose .
- Choose .
When you play your slide show, it will run in a window that you can move and resize.
Set up and share your desktop
To set up your desktop for sharing:
- Move and resize all the windows you want to share.
Note:The Chat pod will show every chat message sent to the person sharing his or her desktop, so private chats will be recorded and displayed to all participants. If participants try to type in the Chat pod that is part of the shared screen, they will find they can't edit the screen share. The meeting host should direct participants to open their own Chat pods to participate in the chat.
- If you want the speaker to appear at all times, in Zoom, click (gear icon). Under "General", in the "Content Sharing" section, check . You need two monitors for this to work.
- To share your desktop, in Zoom, click , and then select .
- Record your meeting if desired; for help, see Recording a Zoom meeting.