Use Zoom on a desktop or mobile device
On this page:
You can use the Zoom client and Zoom mobile app to:
- Schedule and join meetings
- Create and store recordings of Zoom meetings
- Manage host controls (for example, mute, make others host, allow recording, remove a participant)
- Change and test audio and video
Log into the Zoom client or mobile app
- Open the Zoom client and click .
- On the "Sign in" page, click . A new screen will appear.
- On the "Sign in with SSO" page, type
IU, and then click .Note:For Zoom Health accounts, type
- Sign in with your IU username and passphrase. If you're already signed into IU Login, your web browser may automatically log you into the Zoom client, or prompt you to launch Zoom so it can log you in.
- Before hosting or joining a meeting, join a test meeting to test your internet connection, audio, and video. Be sure to use the device you intend to connect or host from (such as videoconferencing equipment). If you wish to test from videoconferencing equipment, you will first need to create and host a meeting to join, as meetings cannot be hosted from videoconferencing equipment.
- Be sure to update your Zoom client frequently in order to take advantage of available features and to resolve potential issues. For more, see Zoom Release Notes.
- If you're in China, see Connect to Zoom in China.