Access IU STC labs during campus closures/COVID-19
On this page:
UITS has made it possible for students, faculty, and staff to use IUanyWare to access Windows computers in the STCs remotely during the period of online instruction and campus closures. This remote access allows you to access IU-licensed software not usually included on personal laptops or other individual devices. STC Mac labs are not available via IUanyWare.
Connect to IUanyWare
See About IUanyWare to learn how to:
- Set up and use IUanyWare
- IUanyWare works on all devices, including PCs, Macs, Chromebooks, iPads, Android tablets, and Android, iOS, and BlackBerry phones.
- Set up IU Cloud Storage
Connect to an IU STC PC computer lab
- Go to IUanyWare and log in with your IU username and password.
- Choose the
- If you are taking courses in and require specific software for the Media School, Luddy School, Jacobs School, McKinney School, or Chemistry, choose the appropriate icon. Note that these labs have smaller capacity, so you might not be able to connect immediately if all of the computers are in use.
- Everyone else should choose . There are hundreds of computers available for remote access.
You will automatically be logged into the computer. A small window will show your cloud storage locations connecting.
tab at the top of the page. You will see several icons with STC Desktop labels:
- Use the computer just as you would in the computer lab. UITS recommends that you use IU Cloud Storage to store and access your files.
- Remember to click the icon on the desktop when you are finished to allow another user to access the computer.