About faculty media production spaces at IU
Since Indiana University switched to a completely online format for instruction for the remainder of the spring 2020 semester, the Collaboration Technologies Video Production team continues to service requests from established faculty clients and is reaching out to IU faculty statewide who may need its services. These services are provided to faculty without fee.
Due to current social distancing guidelines, the Video Production team is unable to work collaboratively with faculty in person at this time. However, faculty may provide raw materials, such as video, images, and audio, that the Video Production team can turn into polished instructional content for use in online courses. The Video Production team also has professional static backgrounds, motion backgrounds, graphics, and selected stock footage that can be used to complete or enhance your projects.
Video Productions staff, staff from the IT Communications Office's Media Production and Design team, and staff from the Media Digitization and Preservation Initiative are available for consultation regarding media strategies and the use of media to meet your instructional needs.
Available services include:
- Technical consultation and best practices for self-recording
- Workflows for partnering with the Video Production team to remotely co-produce content around your needs
- Editing video that you record and submit to the Video Production team
- Content outlines and script support
- Creating accessible versions of your media content
- Custom animation and explainer video content creation
- Powtoon video creation
- Slide show presentation visual editing
- 2D vector graphic creation
- Guidance with Adobe Creative Cloud design applications
- General layout assistance and support
- Access to general design resources, such as stock photography and templates
To learn more or ask a question, contact the Video Production team at