Whenever possible, record your lectures ahead of time with Kaltura Personal Capture. Prepared videos are effective because they:
- Are available at any time to students
- Give you the ability to ensure the quality of your own lecture on your own schedule
- Allow you to break up lectures into smaller chunks for more effective viewing
- Ensure unstable networks don't impact student success
- Enable automated closed captioning
In addition to your recorded lectures, you can use collaboration tools in Canvas to facilitate student engagement.
Use live Zoom sessions when instructional strategies require real-time audio/video collaboration. Examples include:
- Facilitating discussion among students, including using breakout sessions
- Sharing Zoom whiteboards
- Using live polls
- Facilitating Q/A sessions after viewing recorded lectures or other materials
Some students won't have access to fast internet connections, and others may have their schedules disrupted. The best practice is to record any live classroom session and be flexible about how students can attend and participate.